Fans have been anticipating the comeback of their beloved show for a very long time. Dragonar Academy Season 2 is still in great demand despite the fact that the first season had a modest audience. However, the likelihood of its return is dwindling with each passing year. So, in this article, we’ll explore everything there is to know about the anime.
In 2010, a series of light novels called Seikoku no Dragonar, also known as Dragonar Academy, was published. The harem LN series, which was written by Shiki Mizuchi and illustrated by Kohada Shimesaba, was well-liked by a certain audience. As a result, it was quickly chosen for adaptations, such as a 2014 television anime and a 2011 manga series. The 12-episode program was created by Studio C-Station and distributed internationally by Funimation. It originally aired on AT-X in Japan. Fans are still eagerly awaiting the sequel more than six years after it was released.
Table of Contents
Dragonar Academy Overview
|Name of the Season||Dragonar Academy Season 2|
|Genre||Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, School|
|Dragonar Academy Initial Release Date||Apr 5, 2014|
|Dragonar Academy Season 2 Release Date||TBA|
|Dragonar Academy Season 2 Manga Chapters||TBA|
Shiki Mizuchi wrote the Dragonar Academy light novel series, and Kohada Shimesaba did the illustrations. At the time of its conclusion in 2015, it had been gathered in a total of 20 volumes. Ran created a manga adaption that appeared in Monthly Comic Alive from October 22, 2011, to December 23, 2016. On October 22, 2011, the first bound volume was published, and a total of 13 volumes have since been made available.
The announcement of the anime adaption came in July 2013. Ryoji Maru wrote the screenplay, Shunsuke Tada and Tomoyuki Kurokawa directed, Takasugu Wakabayashi composed the music, and it was made at C-Station Studio. It had twelve episodes when it first broadcast on AT-X from April 5 to June 21, 2014.
Dragonar Academy Season 2 Renewal Status
C-Station did not continue the anime for a second season despite its moderate popularity. Initial season performance is certainly a major factor. Critics and some spectators rated the anime below average. Compared to other anime, DVD and Blu-Ray sales were low.
The light novel and manga series Seikoku no Dragonar ended years ago. The manga adaptation lasted 15 volumes after 2016, while the LN series ended after 20 volumes in late 2015. Dragonar Academy Season 2 has no advertising material.
Anime relies heavily on source material continuity. Anime adaptations end with the original content. Thus, a convincing reason is needed to release the sequel.
However, promising shows have a better likelihood of recurring. Dragonar Academy Season 2 will only survive if another business sees economic potential in its plot and properties. Seikoku no Dragonar has potential but no audience. Thus, encourage and demand the series from C-Station and other creators to prevent its cancellation. Many fans have signed sequel petitions.
Dragonar Academy Season 2: Release Date
The anime has not received approval from the series’ production studio C-Station, but it has not been canceled either. There is still a chance that it will show up again. Even if the renewal occurs today, the second season of Dragonar Academy might not premiere until late 2024 or early 2025. Keep an eye on this section for any future updates.
What is Dragonar Academy About?
On the continent of Arc Strada, breeders raise and train dragons. They connect with them via a mystical connection known as Astral Flow.
Breeders can give birth to multiple races of dragons because they have been marked with a Seikoku by the Mother Dragon of the Orphan Rite when they are young. Breeders could possibly rise to the position of nobility if they assist their Pal in becoming a Maestro or Holy Dragon.
Most students at the Ansarivan Dragonar Academy quickly master the art of riding and taming dragons. The troublemaker is first-year student Ash Blake. Despite Ash having an extremely large seikoku, His Pal has never been spotted.
Princess Silvia Lautreamont is challenged by Ash to a dragon race. But unlike any other dragons that have been seen before, Ash’s dragon has a unique form. She is a stunning young lady. Eco is given the name by Ash, who quickly notices that the new dragon has a positive outlook. Ash is told that she is his master and that he is her servant right away. The challenges Ash faces while riding a dragon are just beginning.
What Will Happen In Dragonar Academy Season 2?
Dragons and their riders are the focus of the well-known anime series Dragonar Academy. Even though there hasn’t been any official announcement regarding a second season, fans should be prepared for a few things.
First, viewers might expect more intense dragon battles and action-packed scenes. The second season of the anime is anticipated to continue the trend of having thrilling action sequences. The bond between Ash Blake’s dragon Echo and other dragon riders’ mounts may also be explored in greater detail in the second season.
The second season might also further existing characters and introduce new ones. By learning more about the motivations and backgrounds of Ash’s friends, including Princess Sylvia, viewers may get to know them better.
The anime’s examination of the political and social processes of the Dragonar Academy universe may lead to an intriguing narrative turn. If a second season of the program is created, fans of Dragonar Academy may look forward to more action, dragons, and a compelling story.
How many episodes will there be in Season 2 of Dragonar Academy?
The production team has not yet announced the number of episodes for Dragonar Academy Season 2. However, based on the previous season, it may be predicted that the upcoming one would feature twelve episodes.
This number of episodes is normal for many anime series and is regarded as the ideal number for a season. It should be reminded that this information is totally speculative and subject to change. The second season of the show is eagerly anticipated by viewers, and we’ll keep you informed as soon as we discover more.
Dragonar Academy Cast and Characters
- Asshu Bureiku, often known as Ash Blake voiced by Aaron Dismuke (English); Kji Takahashi (Drama CD/Anime) an academy student at the age of 16 whose dragon Pal has not yet awakened. Because of his propensity to retaliate violently in response to any perceived slight to his unborn dragon, he is recognized as a problem child. Although he has a nasty reputation, he has a remarkable talent—a phenomenon called Chalice—that enables him to ride other people’s dragons, making him the only person (apart from his sister, Linda) who is able to do so. When he was younger, he had no ambition to become a Breeder, but by chance, during the Orphan Rite, he encountered Silvia Lautreamont, who was driven to become a Breeder, and helped her find the Mother Dragon.
- Mariya Ise (Drama CD/Anime); Lara Woodhull (English) provided the voice for Eco (, eko). Unlike any other dragon Pal, Eco assumes the form of a feminine human. To Ash’s dismay, she treats him like a servant despite her growing affections for him. Eco knows Ash is her master and that she is the “pet” (as she calls herself), but she is too proud to admit it. She also thinks that submitting would make her into a “tamed pet” who would only ever be loved as a pet, and it is not the kind of love Ash should give her.
- Shiruvia Rtoreamont, alias Silvia Lautreamont Elizabeth Parker (English) is the fourth Lautreamont Knight Family princess, and Dragonar Lancelot, a white Maestro Dragon, is her companion. She is voiced by Ayane Sakura (Drama CD/Anime). When Ash gave Lancelot to her during the Orphan Rite when the two of them first met as children, it is revealed that she was not destined to turn into a Dragonar. Neither of them can remember the encounter or what happened after it. Silvia is appointed to the position of public morality in the student council right away. She is so terrified of her older sister.
- Alexis Tipton (English) voiced the english dub for Rebecca Randall. Marina Inoue voiced the Japanese drama CD and anime. C. Chulainn is a Maestro who is her dragon pal. She is a strong Arch Dragonar armor user who can conjure the unstoppable Gae Bulg spear.
- Ash’s companion and self-described “ladies’ man” is Raymond Kirkland (, Reimon Kkurando), voiced by Tomoaki Maeno (Drama CD/Anime), and Austin Tindle (English). Brigid is an Earth Dragon who is His Pal. He’s known Ash and Maximilian for a long time, and they used to share a room together when they were younger.
- Rebecca’s childhood friend Jessica Valentine, voiced by Skyler McIntosh in the English version and Kana Hanazawa in the Japanese version of the anime, views Rebecca as a rival. Although Jessica presents herself as a member of the nobility, the Valentine family has actually served the Randall family as servants for many years. Rebecca has threatened to expose Jessica if she raises trouble.
- Rukka Saarinen, alias Lukka Saarinen Voiced by Asuka Game in the anime (Japanese); Bryn Apprill in the English version—the secretary of the student council. Lukka is the youngest Dragonar ever, an Eckbald or elf of the forest. Gawain is a Maestro Dragon who is her friend. She fell off Gawain accidentally, and as a result, she became afraid of riding her dragon.
- Maxwell Russell (also known as Makushimirian Rasseru) The student council treasurer’s voice is provided by Genki Muro (Drama CD/Anime); Derick Snow (English). Wyvern Airanlot is Maximillian’s friend. He has a reputation for being a neat freak who cannot stand any unkemptness. He, Ash, and Raymond were formerly housemates in their early years of school and have known each other for a very long period.
- Oscar Brailsford (Osuk Bureisufdo) is the vice president of the student council and a girl who frequently skips classes and extracurricular activities. Oscar’s abilities as a Dragonar are remarkable, says Rebecca.
- Linda Blake is Ash’s younger sister and goes by the name Rinda Bureiku. Linda can ride any dragon, just like her older brother Ash can. Percival, her friend, is the Mother Dragon’s reincarnation. Since Ash had already given Lancelot to Silvia, Eco was originally supposed to be Linda’s friend.
Anime similar to “Seikoku no Dragonar”
Here are some anime that are comparable to Dragonar Academy Season 2 while you wait.
The Resonance of Dragonaut
Gonzo and Nihon Ad Systems (NAS) collaborated to make the science fiction anime Dragonaut: The Resonance in 2007. It revolves around Jin, a young flyboy who is grieving, and Tao, a mysterious woman who is beautiful and skilled in interstellar combat. Sexy human Dragonauts and their dragon partners join forces to forge a powerful battle as a hazardous asteroid approaches Earth.
Studio Deen created the fantasy rom-com anime Dragon Crisis! in 2011. Ryuji Kisaragi, a student in high school, and his cousin Eriko are the main characters as they capture a relic box containing a red dragon girl. Ryuji chooses to use his abilities as a relic handler to defend her.
Reviews of the anime series Dragonar Academy have varied greatly since it first aired. Despite this, many viewers still wish for a second season. The fact that the series has not yet been formally canceled gives fans hope for future episodes even though C-Station has yet to approve it.
If Dragonar Academy returns for a second season, it won’t show until the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023. This is because it takes a long time to produce an anime series of excellent quality. Fans should keep an eye out for any information about whether or not the program will be renewed even though its future is uncertain. Watching for news and updates is the best method to learn if the show might return in the interim.
FAQs About Dragonar Academy Season 2
Loved the article? Share it with a friend!