Magi is easily one of the greatest fantasy manga there is, that is centered around the theme of magic, politics, warfare and much more. In this article, we will be taking a look at the 15 best manga like Magi that you will binge read if you liked magi.
Of course, the below recommendations do not match 100% with magi, but it has a few similar elements. Some of the them have similar mythological theme, and some others have a similar main character. Either way, you will definitely feel the relation between the below recommendations and magi instantly.
So without further ado, let us jump into the listing!
15 Best Manga Similar To Magi
Shamans can connect with invisible ghosts, spirits, and gods. The Shaman Fight is held every 500 years, and the winner is proclaimed Shaman King. This title lets the holder call on the Great Spirit to shape the world.
Manta Oyamada, a middle schooler late for class, takes a shortcut across the cemetery. He is invited to stargaze by a lone boy sitting on a headstone. Manta leaves when she realizes “them” means the youngster and his ghostly buddies.
Later, the youngster announces himself as You Asakura, a Shaman-in-training, and uses his powers to save Manta from thugs. With the help of Amidamaru and Manta’s ability to perceive spirits, You becomes the next Shaman King.
How Is Shaman King A Manga Like Magi?
- Both have young people who utilize magic (Magi and Shaman) and have the ability to call forth humanoid magical beings ( djinns, spirits).
Nadir is a young man who avoids the sun, has anemia, and whose primary goal in life is to provide a secure environment for his younger sister, Amina. Therefore, he makes the decision to enroll in the Civil Service Exam and start looking for work! On the other hand, he gets abducted by bandits while he is on his journey, and just when things start to look terrible, he discovers a fascinating lamp… What kind of impact will this have on his future!?
How Is Senichiya Drop Similar To Magi?
- The history of Aladdin is at the center of both manga.
- Both titles have humor that is fairly off-the-wall at various points.
Ancient youthful men protected Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom and War. A blow of their hand may split the heavens apart and smash the planet under them. These warriors were called Saints because they could invoke the power of the Cosmos.
Now, a new generation of Saints is emerging. Seiya is fighting for the Sacred Armor of Pegasus and won’t allow anyone stop him. Six years of hard work and training pay off as he becomes one of Athena’s Saints.
Seiya’s efforts continue. The Saints face several risks and opponents throughout the series. Saint Seiya’s heroes have new quests.
How Is Saint Seiya A Manga like Magi?
- Saint Seiya is inspired by greece and roman mythology, Magi by arabic (but also various other folklores and cultures). In both mangas, “magical equipment” determines world power.
- In Saint Seiya, human analogues of constellations fight while wearing sacred armors called “Cloths” In Magi, people who conquer a djinn’s dungeon are awarded magical weapons called “metal vessels,” which are fed by the person’s “magoi,” a form of energy comparable to ki, special to this planet because of rukh, the source of all energy, “home of the souls.”
- Both anime feature great characters (the characters of Alone and Hakuryuu are similar, since despite being good they are conflicted). Characters grow and develop through compelling plots and great battles. They have a visually appealing drawing style.
After fleeing captivity, 16-year-old Emma arrives at Hawk Eye. Every guy in the city, including the king, falls in love with her when she comes. A sorcerer saves her from being forced into marriage. The youthful and gifted sorcerer calls himself Shion. Emma doesn’t remember meeting them before.
Shion tells Emma she is afflicted with the Echidna, a secret magic that appears every 500 years and can destroy the planet. With such power, one could dominate the world, and Shion tells Emma that others will hunt for her heart. Emma is promised a long and hard rite will cure her of the Echidna’s curse. Emma and Shion must marry.
How Is Magico Similar To Magi?
- Both primary characters are prepared to do anything for their buddies.
- Both stories are entertaining, easy to grasp, and full of magic and hardships (magico- the rituals and magi- the labyrinths)
“Kouryakubon” wo Kushi Suru Saikyou no Mahoutsukai: “Meirei Sasero” to wa Iwasenai Oreryuu Maou Toubatsu Saizen Route
Magnus was a magician the Hero considered “useless.” When he left his party, a merchant sold him a weird book.
The book written in the god’s language was an ultimate encyclopedia with instructions on how to vanquish the Demon Lord.
This book told him about boss monsters’ weaknesses, notable people, and gourmet sites in any city. He even outclasses the hero party with his intellect and schemes. With the ultimate encyclopedia, he can fight the Demon Lord.
How Is Kouryakubon A Manga Like Magi?
- Kouryakubon’s story and artwork are inspired by Magi. After the beginning arc, the plot has Middle Eastern undertones and the main character is a powerful Magi-like wizard.
- The biggest difference is that the MC is kicked from the hero party but still defeats the demon lord. But The story’s two topics are interesting.
Asta, a noisy, lively orphan, has no magic in a magical world. Despite this, he dreams of becoming Wizard King, the Clover Kingdom’s strongest mage. Yuno, Asta’s childhood friend and rival, can use tremendous wind magic. Asta exercises his body every day in hopes of awakening his magical skills and catching up to Yuno.
In the Clover Kingdom, 15-year-olds acquire their Grimoire, which allows them to fully employ magic. Yuno receives a Grimoire with a four-leaf clover at the ceremony, while Asta waits aimlessly. Asta is disheartened but stubbornly refuses to give up when he finds Yuno captured by a wizard stealing his Grimoire. Asta’s will to fight earns him a Grimoire with a black five-leaf clover, despite being overwhelmed by Yuno’s captor.
How Is Black Clover Similar To Magi?
- Both rely on magic in various ways. Both series uses magic in occupations and battles.
- Both mangas teach us about adventure in the world of magic, fighting overpowered villains, and the beauty of friendship between the two main characters (Aladdin and Alibaba in Magi, Asta and Yuno in Black Clover).
Ten years ago, “the Gate” arose and united the actual and magical worlds. Ordinary individuals with supernatural powers became “Hunters” to fight these animals. Sung Jin-Woo, 20, is a Hunter with weak power compared to even an E-Rank. To pay for his mother’s medical problems, he hunts monsters in low-rank Gates.
Jin-dismal Woo’s lifestyle changes when he awakens in a hospital three days after a failed mission to find a bizarre screen floating in front of him. Jin-Woo must finish an unrealistic and demanding training program or risk a punishment. Jin-Woo was reluctant to accept the mission because of its difficulty, but he soon realized it could make him one of the world’s most deadly Hunters.
How Is Solo Leveling A Manga Like Magi?
- Both the manga share similar concepts like magic, magical weapons, dungeons, etc.
- Both the main characters are kind of overpowered in their world.
Mash Burnedead is a menace to his magic-dominated world’s gene pool. In seclusion in the wilderness, he trains his body to compete with magic. Mash’s identity is uncovered and his quiet life endangered, so he becomes a “Divine Visionary,” a role so strong that society must embrace him.
Mash enrolls in the exclusive Easton Magic Academy to retain his quiet life, competing against the offspring of the most powerful and privileged in the realm. He is already at a disadvantage compared to his classmates since he lacks magic. He must overcome magic with his muscles to earn the title of Divine Visionary.
How Is Mashle Similar To Magi?
- Both feature magic, comedy, and odd characters.
- Later in magi, there’s a school arc that’s very similar to Mashle’s plot.
Record of Ragnarok
The gods of the world have gathered to decide mankind’s fate. Under Zeus, the gods of Ancient Greece, Norse mythology, and Hinduism meet every thousand years to decide humanity’s fate. Because of their constant mistreatment of each other and the planet, the gods vote to eliminate humanity.
Brunhild, one of the 13 Valkyries, proposes an alternative to annihilating mankind: a one-on-one combat between man and god, Ragnarök. The divine council accepts the challenge, certain it will show the gods’ power. Brunhild must unite history’s greatest individuals to defeat the heavens, or mankind will perish.
How Is Record of Ragnarok A Manga Like Magi?
- Record of Ragnarok has a different plot than Magi, yet comparable sentiments.
- Both have mythological artstyles and settings.
- Both manga involve man vs the divine. Except Magi is more adventure based, while Record of Ragnarok is action based.
Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
Syaoran is pals with Sakura, the Clow Kingdom princess with world-changing power. When a man tries to dominate Sakura’s ability, her memories disperse as feathers. Syaoran joins Kurogane and Fai D. Flourite to save Sakura from the Dimensional Witch.
Kurogane, a skilled fighter and ninja, wants to return home. Fai, a Celes magician, wants to leave his home and past behind. Each must sacrifice a prized asset to traverse dimensions. Syaoran gives up their romance for Sakura’s sake. Syaoran, Kurogane, and Fai travel through realms to fight their fates.
How is Tsubasa Similar To Magi?
- Both series include action, magic, and a larger plot.
- Magi is set in a magical realm.
- Both are amazing adventure manga. The heroes travel and get embroiled in foreign politics. It has “dungeon” quests. Whereas Tsubasa follows a group searching for Princess soul “feathers” in many dimensions. The protagonists must adapt to each world’s norms and “science.”
Mahou Sensei Negima!
Negi Springfield, a 10-year-old magician who recently graduated from Merdiana Magic Academy in Wales, wants to discover his missing father, the Thousand Master, and become a Magister Magi. To attain his ambition, he must teach English in Japan.
To his astonishment, his homeroom class consists of 31 girls, and he reveals his true nature as a magician to Asuna Kagurazaka. Negi must now negotiate with the girl and face his toughest obstacle yet: keeping his identity a secret while battling magical threats within and outside Mahora Academy and searching for his father.
How Is Mahou Sensei Negima! A Manga Like Magi?
- Both mains have magic. Despite being young, they’re both mature and prepared to sacrifice anything for their pals.
- They share an objective. Negi trains to become a Magister Magi like his father, while Aladdin struggles to keep the world on track and become ruler of all Magi.
- Both have comedy, action, and adventure. Except, Magi isn’t a harem like Mahou Sensei Negima.
Every 30 years, a Hime princess serves the Hayagami. Arata, 15, is the only female born in recent years, according to documents.
But Arata is a male. He is forced to disguise himself and assume the position of the princess candidate until an official one can be found.
Arata attends the festival and witnesses the current princess, Kokuri-hime, slain by her personal guard, the 12 Shinshou. One of the 12 convinces the Imperial Court that Arata murdered the princess as he fled for his life.
How Is Arata Kangatari similar to Magi?
- In both manga, the basis of combat is the use of magical weapons, which are typically short swords that draw their power from a particular type of magic or element.
- There are a number of deaths, as well as dramatic moments and comedic undertones.
- Similar personalities of the main character
Shoukoku no Altair
Since the beginning of recorded history, the Turkiye Devleti and the Balt-Rhein Empire have been bitter enemies of one another.
The two countries enter into a potentially volatile scenario when, one night, the imperial minister is found dead.
Mahmut eventually learns the treacherous truth about the assassination, which occurs at the same time that Turkiye’s council generals are calling for war.
As a result, the young pasha’s fight for his nation, for peace, and for trust in his fellow man has officially begun.
How Is Shoukoku No Altair A Manga Like Magi?
- The setting in the near east and the parallels to “One Thousand and One Nights” are the key factors that contribute to the similarities.
- Both of them are of the shounen genre, which combines elements of adventure and fantasy with some action.
Chunwha is in another world… There, he must find his place among elves, dwarves, and even mages.
As we see him grow in power and personality, the mangaka builds fascinating personalities from his comrades and foes. Follow Id on a thrilling quest to discover our hero’s fate.
How Is Id Similar To Magi?
- Both of the manga appear like a lighthearted manga at first, but they move on to explore heavier ideas.
- They have those comedic moments that aren’t too serious.
- When you read either one of them, you get the impression that you are experiencing the same thing.
- The action sequences are also very similar to one another.
Kazan is the lone member of the Red Sand clan to have survived the attack by the water demon that wiped out his people and abducted his best friend Elsie.
He sets out on a quest to locate the demon and rescue his friend. Kazan, who is accompanied and assisted by an eagle, comes across a shady young woman during his adventure. Her name is “Fawna” and she possesses the ability to conjure up water just by putting her hands together.
This manga is about their amazing adventures in the fantasy world.
How Is Kazan A Manga Like Magi?
- Both manga include young boys with superhuman skills who search for something they lost.
- Both manga take place in deserts with little communities and tribes.
- They have similar settings.